Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Decimation...

deci·mation n.
Usage Note: Decimate originally referred to the killing of every tenth person, a punishment used in the Roman army for mutinous legions. Today this meaning is commonly extended to include the killing of any large proportion of a group. Sixty-six percent of the Usage Panel accepts this extension in the sentence The Jewish population of Germany was decimated by the war, even though it is common knowledge that the number of Jews killed was much greater than a tenth of the original population. However, when the meaning is further extended to include large-scale destruction other than killing, as in The supply of fresh produce was decimated by the nuclear accident at Chernobyl, only 26 percent of the Panel accepts the usage.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An unknown force, I cannot say now what it was, but I knew what it was in there. In my mind, wiped out cities. Any city with a population of over 100 people in them. Any city that had businesses. People who were in those cities, if they did not flee those places, those businesses and homes, they would be killed. No if's and's or but's.

A person.. me in my dream...is in that city/town visiting from being away for a long time. I know how to escape, I know how to catch a horse and ride away..

i know what people will say, a horse in a dream, or riding of a horse, means sex.. but i was dreaming anything BUT about sex.. it was more like calm decisions in the face of terror. terror of knowing people were dying, and buildings.....

Buildings were being torched from a gigantic .. thing.. be it an alien craft, or dragon, or military weapon... People in all of these cities are killed, but no emotional ties make me feel sadness.. in my dream. I am able to help a man who asked for help, but he was able to only ride a mule, or a donkey. 
We are able to escape, and find a stream, one that ran close to the city that had once been a dry creek, or river. Before this .. Decimation.. that river was also heavily polluted, being used for sewage and such. When we escaped the destroyed city, I knew in my mind, that the water had been made pure to drink.

I knew, in my dream, that all over the world, the cities burned, and were rendered to what it was before people binged upon the land. Green meadows, and forests rose up instantly where there were once skyscrapers and subways, cars and airplanes. I knew all of this as our horses/donkeys drank from the water of the now clear river.

I also knew, however odd this sounds, but it is one of those things that happens in dreams, that major electric hubs were available still, as was the internet, cell phones, and world wide communication was available. Computers, internet was all available.

People couldn't really retaliate, since no one could retaliate... there just were no more cities. Cars and motorcycles, destroyed, but there are buses, trains, large semis for hauling of goods. But there are NO BIG CITIES OF ANY KIND.

People have to learn how to hunt, farm, barter. The dollar system is gone, but goods are traded so people have to rely on each other for survival. 

My dream takes me from the Decimation of the planet, to survival by using knowledges that I hadn't known before... and some I had known. 

No comments:

Post a Comment